Thursday, October 14, 2010

I survived Vegas (almost...)

So lets call it a push for Vegas.

I broke even on the tables, I rocked the workouts, did amazingly on the food, but just could not resist a couple of glasses of wine at the client dinner.

Its Vegas, you can get anything.....Berry and Yoghurt Smoothie? Done. Cut of Salmon measured to 120g post cooking? You got it. Bowl of steamed mixed veggies? Would you like squash or zucchini sir? Wheat toast warmed with love and affection? That will be $45....well worth it!

I had the pork chop at the steak house, and left half of it on the plate. Brussel Sprouts and spinach on the side. I felt good about the dinner, but I had to take a glass of the Pinot Noir, which I sipped with Baby sips. The Cab/merlot blend was absolutely AMAZING....in bed by 11 30.

The next day I felt like absolute crap. A hang over like I have not felt in a while. I swear I had no more than three glasses, but after not drinking for a month, I really felt it!

The work outs were great! We were all staying at the Venitian, so the rooms were huge. First night work out in the room. Had to move some of the furniture, but got to sweat while watching Monday Night FB for the first time in I dont know how long.

Next day, I snuck away from the event for  a TWO HOUR work out. Easily the best workout I have done in a long long time. Huge facility. Jumped for about 20 minutes mixing it up, and getting a great sweat up. Then the resistance band and pull up bar for the regular work out. They had one of the pull up bars where you can kneel on the pad, set the weight and do full pull ups without the total body weight. I was able to do a full body set, then lower the weight but still get the full number of reps and full length of motion. Man I wish I had one of those in my room. Cant imagine what they cost....

Did light weights for back, arms and chest as well. Its been a while since I lifted, and I was very comfortable with weight that I once struggled with.

I must confess though, I did have a scoop of ice cream on the flight home. Man oh man was that yummy...

Slept for a good 8 of the 12 hour flight, and feel great, except for the fact that I ve been up since 3 AM....oh well, the joy of business travel.

The date line has kind of screwed with my schedule, so I officially started the new dinner last night when I got home.

Not sure how to manage the work outs since I lost a day in transit, I will try to do a 2-a-day today.

The best part of the trip, is that I had one co worker ask me if I had lost a lot of weight. First time.

NICE.

4 comments:

  1. Way to kick PCP-ass in the land of all you can eat buffets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Vegas restaurants don't even blink. Sounds like you're going full steam ahead--thanks for the encouragement. I swear I'll make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might not have made money at the tables, but sounds like a week of WIN regardless.

    Those help-you-out pull up machines are a distraction. Keep working hard and you'll be helping YOURSELF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go man Vegas with all the food and booze tough! Well done! Yeah the pull ups are seriously tough! Knew the coach wasnt gonna like that helping machine!

    ReplyDelete