Thursday, October 7, 2010

PCP on the Biz Trip

Howdy PCPers!

So its now day 5 of the 10 day trip, and while I am on track with the exercises, I dont feel like I am on target with the food. I think I am close, but I am pretty sure I am eating too much oil and salt. I can feel it. Fish and Veggies have been pretty easy to come by, and needless to say, Carb offerings are a plenty.

Getting my hands of Fresh Fruit during the meetings has been a challenge, but I just loaded up on mixed fruit cups from the grocery store about a 10 min walk from the hotel.

My peers have been AMAZED that I have been drinking only perrier every night, when I was normally the first in line at the bar for shots and beers. Not one drop of booze. Everyone is calling me Boring Andy....

I have recruited two new PCP Prospects who I hope will be reaching out to Patrick in the next few days. Sadly it looks like they just missed the cut off for the most recent PCP start date, but they seem to have been 'inspired' to get into better shape. (as I watched them gulp down a huge cheese burger and fries).....

Another interesting thing is that I have not suffered from Jet Lag as much as I normally do. I have more energy during the day, and I have been sleeping pretty well 5 - 6 hours straight. Usually I am dead by 4 PM, and can't sleep more than 3 hours at a time. Assume its the proper food, exercise and lots of water?

Leaving tomorrow for 2 days in LA with a good friend and his family, so I think I can get back on the food properly, and then its off to VEGAS....I am committed not to drink while I am there!

Viva Baby.

3 comments:

  1. Boring Andy actually has more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not drinking thing is hard but for me the more I don't drink the better I am feeling. Can't imagine taking a business trip during the project but you seem to be doing quite well. More power to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spreading the gospel of the PCP. Soon, no one will be drinking on your business trips and everyone will be comparing tension-band bruise stories. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete