Before I get to my wonderful meal, I need to blog out about a conversation I had today.
I spoke in detail about my 75 days of PCP and that it has been a life changing event which has allowed me to curb my desires for many things that are in no way shape or form good for me. The most important thing that I feel I have overcome is the need to drink. Lets be honest, I was drinking way too much.
The decisions that come after the 4th glass of wine can only be described as irresponsible. Not only was I eating more when I drank, but it only led to MORE drinking after dinner. Then home for a nice microwave burrito, and a coke. I would then be too tired to make a good breakfast, and I would lumber through the day just hoping for the time where I could 'get some grease' to cure my hang over. Off to McDonalds......
My weekends would be lost to 'catching up on my sleep', and I would be the grumpy guy with the family when they would ask to go out and have some fun.
Not to mention the fact that I would get ZERO exercise in the mean time. A jog here and there, but it really had no impact.
Now lets look at me who is now up at 5 45 and skipping rope on the deck. Running in the rain to do my pull ups at 11 PM. Hitting the AM/PM looking for HB Eggs and Yoghurt. Feeling strong. Focused. Clear headed and full of energy.
After describing how I feel on PCP, the guy waved his hand, brushed me off, and called it a PLACEBO!
WTF....it just wound me up so tightly ALL DAY. I needed to blog it out.
A PLACEBO?? Unreal....
Now to the Indulgence. LOVELY!
Probably went slightly over the 1000 Calorie target, but had a wonderful dinner at Zippangu in Akasaka. Started with a glass of Pinot Noir, and has sushi, a Caesar Salad, Tofu, and then dove into the Kani Cream Croquette, Pizza and tempura. Total of 3 glasses of wine, and I am quite buzzed.....on 3 glasses of wine over 4 hours!
Hence the long blog!
Decided to walk half way home, cause I know I ate too much......
Weighed in at 81 KG tonight, which is a FULL KG heavier than this morning. Assume its all the food I ate. We will see in the morning how the body deals with all the extra food.....
Nite nite.
Sounds like a nice meal, good stuff dude.
ReplyDeleteAs for whatever dickface you were talking to earlier, it was Gore Vidal who said, "Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn." And it was this geezer I know that said, "f*cking bovvered!" And it is these kids today that say, "Haters gonna hate." And what *I* am trying to say is, keep doing your PCP thing Clarky my boy, because you are rocking it.
http://www.icanhasinternets.com/2010/05/haters-gonna-hate/
That's Patrick in the Batman costume, FYI.
Guy obviously doesn't know what a placebo is. (An inert medication) PCP is anything but inert! Real bodies changing in real time. What would be a miracle is if you DIDN'T feel some real physiological changes after transforming your body so much.
ReplyDeleteWhich is all to say, "haters gonna hate!"
The alcohol thing is a big deal. It really saps your life force once it gets to be a daily thing.
Dude, I am torn between awe and nausea with your enthusiasm for this project, but more the former. Someone told me I was an old man the other day in part cause of my "boring" lifestyle on this program, I replied, "yeah I am, and it's awesome, cause I don't give a fuck what other people think anymore". Do your thing man and don't let those clowns get you down.
ReplyDeleteAnd lets be REALLY honest, you were always a bit of a lightweight on the booze.
we should get a keg of near beer and show the guy a real placebo!
ReplyDeleteIn all seriousness, I hear you on the booze and the appreciation for feeling sharp, lucid and healthy.
great post. i think you've just inspired me to walk to/from the restaurant where I'm having my indulgence dinner tonight.....
ReplyDeleteAndy, you're progress is amazing, man! I'm glad I finally got around to checking in on the current PCPers, you are all kicking ass. You look like a new man from your Day 1 pic.
ReplyDeleteYeah, you sort of have to ignore everybody who is still stuck in the 'Matrix.' I ran into a co-worker recently who hadn't reallly seen me since I finished the PCP. His comment? "You've lost a LOT of weight! Are you OK? You're not sick, are you?" So apparently he assumed the weight loss was cancer-related, rather than the product of vastly improved health. This is how skewed the current food/health culture is. My reply was my usual, "naw, just diet & exercise, man..." That's all you can say, and all you need to say.
Keep rock'n it, man.
I've got nothing to say that hasn't been said already, so I'll just "second" everyone else. Kick the bottle out until special occasions and tell the fat slobs to shove it.
ReplyDelete