Saturday, December 4, 2010

Missed my first workout!

Played golf yesterday out in Hakone, about 100 km from Tokyo. Up at 5, left at 5 30 and straight onto the links. The course is cut into the side of a mountain, and is over 7000 yards in total length with probably 150 - 200 feet of vertical climb. Considering that I cant keep the ball on the fairways, I walked for 6 hours straight (no carts allowed!).

I got home about 9, and planned to jump after reading my son to sleep, but ended up reading us both to sleep! Woke up at midnight. Slept til 7, and was more sore today than I have been in weeks! I feel like I got a massive leg work out with the hills, stairs and climbing in and out of sand traps....

Sadly, I missed my first workout of the the program. I have missed two jump days over the course of the last 85 days, but this was my first full work out, and I feel a little guilty.

Made it up today with a solid 1 hr and 15 min work out. I was able to squeeze in a few leg sets between regular exercises. Dips today were fabulous, I was able to get through 5 full sets, and then only 5 on the last set. Elevated push ups burned, but I feel much stronger.

Plank is still a killer and I find myself counting regularly for the first 45 or so seconds, and then do a kind of 1234...10. I know I am cheating on the planks, but man do they hurt.....

Scale today said 78.4 KG. Puts me on target to hit my target of 77 KG. Down 13.6 KG or 29.5 KG from the start of the program, and with in inches of my 30 Lbs Goal.

Tried on my first pair of new Post-PCP pants today. Waist 32. YES I SAID 32. Still have room to breathe in them too...! I have not worn a 32 since High School....

Ran into Steve today at the park with our boys, and we were like 'you look great, no YOU look great, NO YOU LOOK GREAT'  Its strange, because I have not seen him since we started, and he looks younger. I am looking at myself in the mirror everyday, and have become used to what my face looks like now.

Looking forward to my company kick off in January!

Starting to think about life after Patrick. One week to go just seems surreal considering that just 85 days ago I was so naive about how easy this is....

3 comments:

  1. Ah well at least you were being active. We'll give you all the info about how to proceed from Day 91, don't worry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great seeing you and the rugrat today. you look awesome - size 32 pants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding results Andy, and I think we all want to continue to improve, it was a very strong start and I see it as sustainable over the long term...you may be sporting 30in pants in the not too distant future.

    ReplyDelete