Thursday, December 9, 2010

Last trip of the year

So I am at the lounge headed to Shanghai for my last Biz Trip of the year. Not looking forward to the food in the back of the bus, but I had some soba noodles and a yoghurt in the lounge which is a little closer to healthy than the tin foil mush they call dinner.

Might get some fruit when I get to the hotel I hope.

I am paying the price for missing my leg workout over the weekend, because DAMN are my legs sore today. Have not felt this way in a long time. Hurts to touch, let alone massage. Guess I really hit that muscle group the right way.....but did not stretch properly afterwards.

First full super set today which was awesome.....I have been doing sets of 10 push ups between regular exercises for the last couple of weeks, so the superset has not come as too horrible of a surprise.

The number of reps on the chest dips has greatly increased in the last couple of weeks, but I still cant get 10 full pull ups. But considering I could barely muster one at the start, I am not complaining.

I have been up early this last week and some glorious AM workouts in the cold. I very much like the cold, it reminds me of my days training in college in Seattle out on the soccer pitch. Feels really good, and I was laughing at my self as I sat doing rows with a huge cloud of steam rolling off my body.  I am sure it would have been a killer picture!

I have not yet been to a gym yet, but I honestly dont think I will. I quit my gym when I started the PCP. I was one of those guys that we were sent to look and laugh at. I would stretch for 5 minutes, run at some crazy pace for 15 - 20 minutes, do one or two sets of sit ups and then hit the sauna. I would swim for 15 minutes sometimes, but it really was a joke.

I get enough exposure to the non-competent exercisers at the hotel gyms I stay at, and its funny, the park I work out in now gets a few strange ones as well. Their methods are questionable, but I do have to give them credit for at least lacing up the sneaks and getting out of the house in the cold. Thats more than 95% of us lazy Americans ever do.

I ate out for lunch and dinner yesterday, and kept is close to the PCP plan, and BOY if Patrick aint right again, my scale at home stayed right where I hoped it would. I was so scared to see it go up a KG or so, but it sat there at 78.6 almost as if to say I DARE YOU TO LOSE THOSE 600 GRAMS.....

5 more days to get to at least 77.9 KG.

I THINK I CAN.....I THINK I CAN.....

2 comments:

  1. Hotel gyms rock - a guy came down this morning and hit the treadmill hard for 5 minutes and left....love the trips to china, but they are tough on the PCP - finish strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen stuff in hotel gyms that cracked me up. Something about a combination of unfamiliar equipment and not being around anyone who you'll ever see again makes people do funny things.

    ReplyDelete