Sunday, November 7, 2010

A weekend in the Valley?

So I missed my first work out, and I ate like absolute crap yesterday. Something Wrong? 

No sure. I dont think so....(pause to think about this)....No. 

Wait.....

Lets start from the beginning. Returned from China and stayed on program while on the road. 

Up early on Saturday, but my workout session was thwarted by an HR issue in China. I then spent three hours with my 3 year old running around the park kicking the soccer ball, playing miniature golf, and a mini marathon. Came home, and laid down next to him for his nap, which then turned out to be one of the best naps I have taken in a long time. Instead of the workout, I had 2 hours of sound, uninterrupted dream time with my little guy laying next to me. 

Up late, and tardy for our family dinner with friends, which lasted until about 8. I had a couple of glasses of wine, and a big salad. Home at 8 30, and again to bed with the guy, hoping to get up and work out, but I just crashed. Slept til morning.

Sunday was again a busy day with the boy, but I got a good solid hour work out in the late afternoon, and felt great. 

Rather than a weekend in the PCP Valley, I think my body was just telling me I needed to take it easy for a day. 

As it stands now, I am down 11 KG, but I still have some areas of fat I want gone. Handles, Stomach and Man boobs, while drastically diminished still hold about 10 - 15 pounds of unwanted squishiness.

Not sure if I need to re-commit myself for another 90 days, work harder, or stay the course with the assumption that things are going according to plan?

15 pounds is 6.8 KG.....5 weeks left.....1.3 KG per week and I get there....doable. 

I think I can, I think I can.....and BTW, I lived in LA, and spent a lot of time in the Valley, and I can tell you IT SUCKS! Get out if you are there! 






3 comments:

  1. I feel where you are coming from. I think there are times when it goes beyond feeling a little tired and you really have to listen to your body. Otherwise you are heading for a longer crash. Stick with it. The last month will be the end of the moobs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, sounds like you needed sleep more than anything else. Probably good that you didn't push it too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't think about this stuff too much, just stay on the plan and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete