Tuesday, September 21, 2010

End of the first week

End of the first week brings a 'so far so good' state of mind.

Physically, I hit the 500 jump ropes with some anxiety, but by the last few jumps I was breathing pretty heavily leading me to think I was pushing it a little too hard.

I felt great after the jumps so decided to do the full routine with a lot of stretching afterwards.

I feel good. The calf pain is gone. A little strain between the shoulder blades which is weird...from the push ups?

Emotionally, I feel like I ate too much yesterday. Which even though I left half of the food on the plate, I feel a little guilty that I got off plan.

Now comes the Diet. I have NEVER been on a diet. I have tried to eat less, eat better or count calories, but its never worked.

I am honestly nervous about the eating. Lunch will probably be the hardest part. I am typically out on customer visits, so 'grabbing a quick bite' has been my MO for years, and its typically been something bad.

I can and will keep track of this, and look forward to giving it my all.

The exercise routine looks doable.

I think we will need to keep an eye on each other!

3 comments:

  1. You'll come up with some awesome sandwich-like quick bites to pack in advance and eat on the run between meetings. Please share them with us! One that a prior PCPer shared with me that really works: whole wheat tortillas, homemade guacamole (avocado, tomato, some chopped onion, and lemon juice and pepper to taste), and chicken or tuna, wrapped up together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agree - we'll definitely need to compare notes on the travel meals for those of us on freq on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We use the word diet but actually you're on a nutrition plan.

    ReplyDelete