Monday, September 27, 2010

A PCP Weekend

Oh how they tried to tempt me.....

The food court....it just sits there laying in wait for the hungry shopper. I decided I would wait until after shopping to have lunch, so by the time we got to feeding our little guy, I was getting WEAK with hunger, and a little angry at ALL THE FRICKEN PEOPLE in front of me in line to get his lunch (that I would have to stare at longingly).

Scan left to right: Beef Bowl. Fried Pork Tonkatsu. McDonalds. Dough Balls with Octopus Takoyaki. Fried Yakisoba Noodles. Flour Okonomiayaki Pancakes. Baskin Robins.....WTF! For a country of skinny people, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING healthy to eat at the food court in the Jusco Super Store.

I grabbed a handful of grapes out of the bag and waited.

Oh was it worth the wait. I cut up a mango and some strawberries, put em in a blender with ice, milk and yoghurt and whipped up one of the best smoothies ever made.

I then steamed a ton of veggies per Patrick's advice, and put them in a tupperware bowl. Veggies for the next 3 nights are ready to go! Had some tonight, and they were yummy!

I am really enjoying the workouts now. I am hitting 100 - 120 jumps without stopping. 700 jumps today was challenging and I had a great sweat by the time I was done. I grabbed some dumb bells (3KG each) for the squats as this is the only exercise I have not really felt any burn on yet, and it helped.

I moved the push up bars out half an inch on each set of push ups. Boy did that make a difference. The last set really burned. Patrick's note today really makes sense on the time between sets, and the message the burn sends to the brain to make more muscle tissue.

Interestingly I have had a lot more energy lately. Thoughts were clear today, and I did not have the post lunch time drabs. Even now at midnight I feel pretty energized. Funny how this whole thing works. You hear all the people talking about how great they feel since they stopped drinking and eating poorly....blah blah blah. I had a Carrot and Tomato Juice made at the juice bar today in Tokyo Station, and I actually felt like a high from it. Very Strange.....

Feel like my body is tightening up. The gut is smaller for sure. The wife commented on it, and thats rare. I am still stuck on 89 KG which is somewhat surprising given its now been a full week since I started the nutrition plan. Seems like I lost more weight in the first week by just not eating as much.

Normal? Should I be expecting more weight loss? Too soon?

I'm into it now, and hope to see some measurable weight loss soon.....!

POST SCRIPT: The morning scale shows 88.3KG. Down 1 KG from last week. 4 KG from the start of the PCP. Give it another 10 weeks at 1 KG per week, and thats 14 KG to 78 KG or 172 lbs is the goal!

7 comments:

  1. Hear you on the weight thing. I pretty much havent lost anything this week either. I spoke to Patrick about it and he told me to chill out. I guess it because we are putting on muscle at the same time? (muscle heavier than fat...etc)

    Judging from the diet this week we are eating alot too, i think we are in a loading phase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't lost a lick since I started - some days I've actually gained weight. Trying not to think about it (plan to throw scale out the window soon). I feel like I LOOK more toned, which I guess is part if it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caring about how much you weigh is dumb. How you look, feel, and perform is meaningful.

    Interesting how good you feel when you're putting the right fuel into the body. I tell people this again and again and again and again but no one believes until they actually do the hard work of eating well.

    The food court is NOT a good place to hang out!

    Squats are supposed to be getting easy. We'll add something much more grueling soon to keep your legs guessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. agreed. I'm just programed to think that Weight is the only thing that matters.

    I feel great, and I know i'm toning up, so that's a HUGE positive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weight Andy? So dumb...fo real. That said, I think you're goal should be to get jacked, like some NFL RB, shoot for 200lbs with just 11% body fat and pythons for biceps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my solution on the weight thing has been to avoid the scale - now i am curious, tho and will be sure to check it out in am...AFTER the workout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a food court in Japan sounds like an interesting place! Great will power!

    ReplyDelete