So I might not be doing this correctly, but I am actually enjoying this food thing......
Last night dinner (all properly weighed): Salad with tomato and corn, a little pepper to spice it up; Broccoli steamed with a lemon in the water (AWESOME!); Grilled Salmon no seasonings; white rice.
Breakfast today: Whole Wheat pita stuffed with avocado, tomato, egg and mushrooms (KILLER!), Yoghurt with granola and blueberries, bottle of water. Did the eggs and mushrooms in a skillet with a KISS of olive oil.
Lunch at Homeworks: HUGE Salad with Tomato, Avocado, Tuna, Broccoli and lettuce; Multi Grain Bread with Turkey Breast. Went half on the Turkey assuming the Tuna also added the protein.
I have honestly been very surprised that whole food could be tasty when put together properly....again, I may not be doing this right....THOUGHTS?
The only thing that gets me is the gas. Seriously, could I produce any more back side bombs? My kid thinks we have ducks living under the table.....
I picked up 'Nutrition for Dummies' which has been a pretty good read so far, and its honestly the first time I have ever studied the digestive system. Crazy thing, it talks about Carbs, Proteins and Fat....what a concept....also describes how the body processes all of the good stuff that is found in fruits and vegetables.
Who would have thought......also mentions that the digestion process for veggies produces a lot of nitrogen....BOOM!
Did you know the first report on the digestive system was in the late 1800's by a doctor who studied a soldier with a stomach wound that would not heal? The patient agreed to let him put food directly into his stomach attached to a string and then pull it out at regular intervals.....Cabbage, Bread and meat would all disappear in different amounts of time. He then pulled out all of the different fluids in the system to look at what did what.
Final report? Eat more veggies and bread. Stay away from Meat.....think I read that somewhere in an article that Patrick demanded we read....
Now to the workouts. For the first week I felt that I was not getting enough exercise, and I was not sweating enough during the workouts. Last night changed all that. By the time I was done with all of the jumping, pulling, ovationing and lunging, my shirt was DRENCHED! I stretched for a good 15 min afterward, and I have not been this limber for a while. Feels great!
You heard it here first people, I AM DIGGING THIS PCP THING!
U r doing it rite. In fact, wanna come make my food? Also, I love the nutrition research story. Disgusting and fascinating, like all the best science.
ReplyDeleteDoing it right. This is not about deprivation, it's about embracing food as it was meant to be eaten!
ReplyDeleteI love this post. I think I'm going to have to use the term "a KISS of olive oil" every chance I get. Perfect description!
ReplyDeleteAnd I feel the same way after most meals - the food is so good and I'm so full, so I MUST be doing something wrong. Good to know others feel the same way.
The advice about eating more veggies and less meat is on an ancient prescription that H gave me on a cup. Now all I have to do to lead a balanced life is to learn the kanji. RC
ReplyDelete