Because its not a diet....
24 hours after I left my hotel in Boston, I walked in the front door to my son and wife. I got the Japanese meal, and think I was pretty close to the right portions of the first day on the new plan!
Sorry I did not take a picture of my dining room table after I unpacked the groceries tonight. My first trip to the supermarket as a PCPer was one of beauty.
No thanks to the ice cream, ravioli stuffed with cheese, tater tots, ground beef, microwave pizza (oh how you will be missed!), and juices of Orange, Apple and Cranberry......
My son and I practiced his vocabulary, and as I went through it, I thought, MAN this sh#& is healthy!
Avocado, Apple, Pear, Peach, Grapes, Wheat Bread, Pita (wheat), corn tortillas, Eggs, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Bell Peppers, Carrots, Lettuce, Spinach, Tomato, Fish, Fish and more Fish.....everything would be easily recognized by Nana Clark, and certainly will not make for Unhappy Meals!
My three year old knows more about nutrition now than anyone!
I broke out the scale, weighed out a salad with lots of veggies, dished up the rice, fired up the grill and let the fish get all hot and yummy. Gotta admit, it all tasted great.
The salad was a little bigger than I'm used to eating (obviously or I would not be in this mess....), but I got it down.
I hit the workout tonight at about 9 PM and pretty jet lagged, but I feel great now.
This was the first workout that I really got up a good sweat. The last 100 jumps were a little unstable, but by then I was really warmed up. The Da Vinci is a new one for me, and I am sure I will be sore in the morning. Muscles that have not seen this side of a workout in quite a while.
Seems like a lot of us are traveling, so please keep up with your ideas and thoughts on keeping on plan while on the road.
You have to PROMISE me you'll eat a microwave pizza on Day 50. PROMISE!
ReplyDeleteAm travelling too this weekend. I think its going to be pretty hard to eat 100 percent PCP compliant on-the-go. Im hoping restaurants will be able to do the no salt/oil thing.
ReplyDeleteDavinci's kill me too.
I am having a hell of a time managing this diet, I am eating every meal out, but for the most part you can do it, you're just gonna have a lot of annoyed waiters and cooks. Check for spit in the food...
ReplyDelete